Neurological disorders and nervous system diseases affect the functioning of the whole body. Disorders of the brain, the spinal cord and the nerves can develop diverse symptoms or features of varying severity, which can significantly affect the quality of the patient’s everyday life.
The neurology specialist of Panoráma Polyclinic is Dr Ágota Magyari, who during her clinical (hospital) practice has taken care of a large number of patients suffering from brain circulatory disturbance, sclerosis multiplex and headaches.
The various symptoms of the nervous system diseases include:
- difficulty in moving, weakness of the limbs, limb coordination impairment
- limb, head and face numbness
- permanently recurrent headache of varying severity
- occasional loss of conciousness (black-out)
- burning pain and anesthesia (loss of sensation/awareness) all over the body
- memory disturbance
- dizziness etc.
may indicate neurological disorders of varying severity which by all means require treatment; these disorders include:
- various disorders connected with persistent pain (e.g. migraine, facial neuralgia, sciatica, spinal pain, back and neck pain)
- spinal disc herniation (protrusion) causing back and low back pain
- poor blood flow to the brain, stroke
- sclerosis multiplex
- Parkinson’s disease
which are considered to be among the most common neurological diseases.
The medical check-up of the possible psychiatric symptoms by the identification of causes with neurological origin is an important part of the diagnosis too.
Neurological symptoms and condition changes affecting the sensory organs include:
- changed sense of smell
- deterioration of the vision
- blurred vision
- double vision
- hearing loss
- balance disorder,unsteady gait
- speech disturbance
- sensory loss
The following symptoms may also be provoked by neurological causes:
- neuralgic pains which are not responding to pain killers
- changes in thinking, perception and behaviour
- balance disorder
- speech production, comprehension and expressive language disturbance
- temporary confusion and disorientation
- sleep disorders
The sooner the patient visit the neurology consultation after the appearance of the symptoms, the more likely that he/she will fully recover after the fast preparation of the diagnosis.
It is worth mentioning that in Hungary the third most common group of diagnosed diseases is the group of disorders traced back to neurological origin.