Dietetics for children, complemented with parent-child relationship methods, provided in private practice
Caring for children of age 0-10 years by using a complex method.
Pediatric nutrition is a field of dietetics, relating to the healthy and joyful feeding of children, which is controlled by a qualified professional.
During the pediatric dietary consultation, the appropriate diet for growth and development is planned by ensuring the satisfaction of the physical and mental needs of the child in accordance with his/her age and individual demands.
Before the consultation, please download and start keeping the 5-day nutrition diary by recording the child’s meals. If possible, bring the completed diary to the first pediatric dietary consultation and then also to the follow-up consellings later. You also have the opportunity to send the completed diary to our dietitian the day before the visit, so that it can be surveyed and a medical history can be taken before the consultation. You can make contact with our dietitian on the email address: email@example.com.
If you make a video of the child while he/she is eating or is fed this can also give a help to the dietitian to provide more pieces of appropriate advice.
We await children and their parents facing the following problems:
- problems relating to combination feeding and combination feeding plan (eg regurgitation, food refusal, refusal of solid food)
- food allergy, allergen free feeding (subject to a specialist recommendation)
- care for picky eating, „choosy” children at any age of the child (teaching game-focused, steps-like eating therapy, if necessary)
- young children’s feeding, supportable healthy development, weight gain disorders (after a specialist examination and recommendation)
- feeding and eating problems (lumpy food, restlessness and distraction when eating, etc.)
Book an appointment online!
You can choose a convenient time in our calendar!
After taking the medical history and assessing the child’s condition, the specialist outlines the draft of the counselling (events, goals to be achieved, practical knowledge), and if necessary, refers the child to additional physicians (eg pediatric gastroenterologist, special needs teacher, psychologist). During the follow-up consultations he/she provides the appropriate information and details the necessary steps to be taken by the parents and the child.
We follow the current Hungarian and international recommendations during the course of the assessment of the condition and counselling process.
Please bring your completed nutrition diary with you when coming to our counselling which you have received at checking-in!
First examination (45 minutes)
What happens during the first examination?
- taking the detailed medical history
- assessing the nutritional condition
- carrying out anthropometric examination (height, weight, etc.)
- analyzing the details of the nutrition diary
- assessing the child’s eating behaviour
- exploring the problem
- discussing the individual treatment plan
- providing integrated assessment and consultation on the parent-child relationship
First examination (45 minutes)Follow-up counselling (30 minutes)
What happen during the follow-up counselling?
- setting and controlling the personalized diet
- providing intervention into the eating behaviour (way of eating)
- conducting game-focused eating therapy sessions, if necessary
- carrying out contact-focused consultations